Monday, August 12, 2013

The Lord is hastening His work in this area...


I am doing well. :) I think I have an ear infection, but I don't have time to do anything about it. haha! Other than that I am doing so good. :) I had such a good week.

Monday, we went to a FHE at a member's home. It was a lot of fun, they feed us such good food and it's all so healthy! They are vegan, so it's a lot of salad. :)

I am reading Jesus the Christ while I work out in the mornings. It is such a good book.

We went to mission leadership council on Tuesday. It was fun to be back in Weston. It is the opposite of my area now.  President Packard trained us on how to be better zone leaders and sister training leaders.  It was so helpful because I really have no idea what I'm doing.  I feel better about it now though. :)

We went to a less-actives house on Wednesday and her husband is not a member.  Sister Hurst asked him what church he belonged to, he looked at me, opened his eyes really big and said, "Satan's!" I am almost positive that's what he said.  It was so scary when he said that.  He looks like the magic man on Aladdin, the one who sings at the very beginning.  I was being sarcastic. :)  They have a dog and a cat that looks like it survived a zombie apocalypse.  He smokes, a lot.  She has a really loud cackle. :) They are just awesome.  Oh and as we left I noticed there was dog poop on the floor. haha  I want you guys to visit them when you come and get me. :) haha!   Mom, you would love their house!

I made gma's homemade chicken noodle soup for the first time.  I had no idea what I was doing, I just went off of what I had watched gma do.  I made it for my old zone leaders because they were sick.  They said it turned out pretty well. :) I am becoming quite the cook.  I make lunch for the district every Friday.  I am the food plenipotentiary. :)  Plenipotentiary is someone who is the king of or the leader of something. :)  We have a word of the day that our district sends out and that was one of them.

Anyways, back to Wednesday.  Two of our appointments cancelled, the best part was that they called to let us know!  We were so excited that they called us instead of just not showing up we weren't even bummed about them cancelling.

We have an investigator from Haiti who is so solid.  He wants to be baptized and he is so excited about the Priesthood.  It's awesome. :)  He went to church on Sunday and loved it!  It's so good when that happens. :)

We went to Franklin to train the sisters there. It was crazy! We spent most of the day at an OCD hoarders house.  Afterwards we went to "help" set up a wedding.  Everyone ended up leaving us though and we had to set it up alone!  We had no idea what we were doing.  It was insane, probably the most stressful day on the mission thus far.

I love going on exchanges because I don't have to drive. :) haha

Church yesterday was INSANE. Sacrament was so good, all of our recent converts got up and bore their testimonies. :) It made us so happy to see. Then for second hour I went to Sunday school, which was pretty normal. Our investigator, Heaven, who is being baptized this Sunday passed her interview with the Bishop. Which is good, he can be intimidating.  And then the third hour came along.  I was helping supervise primary because so many of the teachers were out of town. We had a little girl throw up and we found out that our other investigator just found out her cousin was murdered in Pawtucket. Isn't that awful! She is so torn up about it, we are going over there tonight to make sure she eats and to help her grieve. When it rains it pours. Satan is working so hard on the people here in Central Falls. The Lord is hastening His work in this area.

My sunburn is basically gone. :) I can still see it though, I kinda look like a giraffe. haha The weather has been pretty decent. It is actually pretty cool today. Thank goodness! We have been getting a lot of rain lately which is nice because it gets rid of the humidity.  We had some members of our ward who just came back from vacation in Utah. They said that the heat there is miserable. I am so sorry for you guys. :( Hopefully it cools down soon. 

(Monday August 5th post - mom is so far behind!!  No new post this week until Thursday)

No comments:

Post a Comment