Monday, December 9, 2013

Goodbye teen years :)

It doesn't feel like it's almost my birthday.  Not at all. It's so soon though. :) I don't know if I'll get a cake. But it is the night of the musical fireside! I get to speak in it again and Pres asked me to talk about dad like I did last time.  I am excited, but nervous. :) It's Kassy's birthday that day too (one of our investigators). :) So that will be fun, she is really excited. I will be 20! I am so old.  Goodbye teen years. :) haha

My week was great!  It has been a lot of fun.  I spent Tuesday in Providence, RI.  I got to walk around Providence all day.  I loved it!  The buses are fun because you get to meet so many people.  I got to go to Brown University, there are a lot of smart people there.  We were almost spit on by a little boy in a window. haha 
We got to go to MLC on Wednesday.  MLC is mission leadership council. :) There are 12 zones and a zone leader for each one and then they are, I think, 10 sister trainers.  They travel from all over to get there.  :) It's a lot of fun.  Sometimes we try to cram into the mission home.  It's a party. :) We made it there in time and did not hit any traffic!  Thank goodness!  I absolutely love President and Sister Packard.  They are the best.  I can't wait for you guys to meet them! :)  
Thursday was such a good day.  We planned for Zone Meeting with the Groton elders. Then we went to visit Jeanne.  I love her so much!  She has become a great friend.  Sister Paetzell came with us and was able to relate really well.  After we had a lesson with Roxanne.  Sister Lewis (super awesome member) came with us.  Roxanne is the best.  Her husband is coming with her to the musical fireside. :)  Oh and Roxanne wanted me to tell you that she says hello.  Had dinner at the Edwards.  She made really good soup.  I love the winter because of all the tasty soup. :)  We met a potential investigator that night too. 
Friday was Zone Meeting.  It was good.  We went to the McClain's too teach Asia one last time before she got baptized. :)  Their family is the best.  :)

Asia and her family. :) She just got baptized and she is adorable.






I have had over 10 baptisms.  But that's not the important part.  I mean, it is important.  It is our goal.  But if I can bring people closer to Christ in anyway, then I know they will accept His gospel at some point.  I want to get as many people close to Him as I can, even if it doesn't result in baptism while I'm around. 

We made our skit this morning (for the Christmas Conference next week.... they let the Elders write it, brave sisters!)  It will be pretty good. 

Nothing else too exciting going on.
Sister Giblette colored my toe :)

There has been a lot of rain and then it gets really cold at night, so it all freezes.  We finally got some snow today. :)  But now it's raining so it won't last very long.  It has been chilly.  I absolutely love my coat though, it is saving my life. :)  it hasn't limited the work yet, we will go out no matter what.  Unless they red dot us. :) 

It snowed!
The giant lit rose in the green by our recent converts house. :) So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment