Monday, March 11, 2013

Last Email from MTC

Now that went by quick... here is Janica's last email from the MTC before she heads to Boston in the morning.  Sounds like she is having some really amazing, spiritual experiences:

I head out to Boston tomorrow! I am so excited. :) I am not too sad to be leaving the MTC, I am ready to get to work. I would like to get the chance to study some more. :) but that's okay, I'll do my best and the Lord will take care of the rest. I am excited to be able to work out everyday and not sit in a desk 24/7. That will be nice. :)  I am SO excited to have my own bedding! It will be the best ever. :) and mom, you are my best friend and my hero. :) an elder and I were talking the other day about if we could give a hug to anyone who would it be.. We both said our moms. :) I can't wait to see you guys again. I get to call tomorrow morning and my card is for 3 hours! And it should be good until Mother's Day so I can use it again. :)
 
So I have been talking in my sleep.. One of the sisters told me that she heard me teaching someone in the middle of the night. :) at least it wasn't embarrassing. When I first got here the elder asked me where I was from and I was so excited and flustered that I forgot.. haha It was awesome. :) I met some of the elders from the District! Crazy I know! They taught some of my classes, one of them was Elder Murray, the blue chair guy. :) and yesterday we watched the movie Legacy and it is about pioneers. There was a part when two of them kissed and everyone went crazy! haha it was so funny. :) Somebody said, "Are we aloud to be watching this?" haha
 
Oh and one of the coolest things happened today. The elders in our district, there are six of them, offered to give us Priesthood blessings. We didn't even have to ask. It was so sweet of them. It is so remarkable to see 18-19 year old men having such power and they are so willing to use it to help others. I can't explain how happy it made me. :) The elder that gave me my blessing is named Elder Smith, he came up to me after and thanked me because I was the first blessing he gave to someone outside his family and that he would never forget it. He was thankful to me, when it was me who was so grateful. :) I will never forget it, he told me what I needed to feel good and prepared. Nothing better than young men honoring their Priesthood. :) I love it!
 
I LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU SO MUCH! :) you're in my prayers.
 
Love,
    Sister Kendall

No comments:

Post a Comment