Monday, May 6, 2013

Janica the medical mystery...


So this week was fantastic. :D We have two baptismal dates, which is very exciting, but at the same time things could change. I hope they both happen and I have faith that they will. :)

They made a new leadership position for sisters called the sister training leader. My companion was made one, it's like a female zone leader. :) Very cool. I get to be a part of all the meetings and training. We will be traveling a lot and things will be crazy, but I am excited. :) This week we are going to North Brookfield on Wednesday. :)

There is a family in my ward that has 5 kids and the kids and I love each other. :) haha They always draw me such cute pictures and give me hugs all the time. The back of my name tag is covered in stickers. They are such an amazing family, I will miss them a lot.

On Saturday we helped set up and serve food for the Stake Relief Society Conference, it was a lot of fun. There were so many missionaries helping out! I got to experience being a waitress, it's harder than it looks. :) haha It really is. I just want to eat at wingers.. Not work there. :) We didn't get to stay and clean up because we had to leave to go to a service project. It was at an Episcopal church and it was a fundraiser for a charity called Parent Talk. We got to meet a lot of people in the community. It was nice. :)

We had an investigator come to church and we haven't seen or heard her from her in weeks! It was so good to have her there! :D Tomorrow we get to take our recent convert to do baptisms for her mom and grandma. She can't wait to do the baptisms.  It is going to be such a cool experience for her. I can't wait. :) . We were there last night and she said a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the chance she has to bring her mom and grandma into paradise. :) awe. One of them is Rachel and the other one is Rubi. :) I'll tell you all about them next week. :D  I also got a bunch of letters from the ward this week.. I will be sending my replies shortly. :)
 
I still have that weird rash on my arm.. I talked to the mission doctor and he prescribed me some steroid cream, it doesn't seem to be helping. :( bummer. If it's not gone by Wednesday I am going to call him again. I also had a super weird allergic reaction to something on Saturday. I must have touched something and then got it in my eye. I had bumps on the inside of my eyelid and it was pretty swollen. I took benadryl and slept it off. :) I am a medical mystery, let's see what happens next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment