Monday, June 24, 2013

The Lord is throwing His children at us...

This week was fun! We had sister training on Tuesday in my old area. It was fun to go back again. :) We got to drive up there with the spanish sisters so I didn't have to drive.  Thankfully.  On Wednesday we had interviews with President Packard.  It was so good!  I talked to him for a long time, he is so awesome.  Wednesday morning we had a lesson with a less active and it was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced.  I don't even think I can explain why.  It was such a weird lesson.  I am pretty sure I left high.
 
We got 4 new investigators this week and they are all teenage girls between the ages of 13 and 16. :) They are all friends as well. They are so awesome and all so solid, it's fun to teach them.  Oh and also, the girls brought two new girls to church :)  The Lord is throwing His children at us.  I was telling them about what it's like to be a missionary and they all got so excited about it. :) Missions are definitely in their futures. :)

The 15 year old that is being baptized this weekend invited her whole family to come to her baptism, they are really supportive of her choice.  As far as I know her family isn't interested.  Hopefully that changes after they see her baptism.  She picked Love at Home as the hymn she wants sung  :)  Her dad is from the Dominican Republic and speaks only spanish so she can't ever talk to him, which is sad.  She wants to be an accountant. :)  She is really smart and funny.  I wish I was as awesome as her at her age.
 
We signed up to be volunteers at the local blood drive, I am so excited! :) It will be a lot of fun.
 
On Friday Kelly came out with us to visit a less active. :) It was good to see her and the kids. Brian and the kids were there (at church Sunday), I am calling them today to set up dinner sometime this week.  :)
 
Saturday night we taught a guy who speaks only french.. So I played with his two year old son. He was so cute! 
 
Did anyone watch the broadcast on Sunday? You should go watch it. :) Deal?
 
Today we are playing water balloon dodgeball.. :D  Oh and we haven't had any hot water in the last 5 days.  It's a bummer. Showering is no fun! It's okay though because cold water makes your hair healthy. :)
 
 
Rubi's baptism


Sister Shea :)  She ordered us a special cake.  She is a cancer survivor and SO awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment