Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Alma 27:17-18 describes my life right now

So, I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am.  I can't stop smiling and I am loving it here in Connecticut. Sister Giblette is the BEST.  We have a lot of fun together. :)   Such a blessing. :)  President Packard said he had such a strong impression to put us together.  He is so very in tune.  I love it too. :)  He is such a great man.  We have interviews with him this Friday.  He wants us to come with a question.

The people here are just as fun as they are in New England.  We had a lady tell us that she is super stressed because her 1.7 million didn't come in the mail.
  
Can you look up all you can find about fishercats? :)  I have not seen one yet, but the elders tried to tell us that they could take down a full size deer. So we were terrified of them. We live on the edge of a forest and are surrounded by trees. :) They are everywhere.

One of the sisters who went home last transfer left bags of her clothes here. We went through them and got to take home some of her things. :)  It is suh-weet.  We have things for us and things we can give to our investigators.  

We got to go to mission leadership council on Wednesday. It was a lot of fun to be around other missionaries and receive the training that we did.  It's so good to see how others are doing things.  You learn so much. :)  I got to see Sister Calder!  It was awesome!  Our zone leaders are so great.  We did the training with them at Zone Meeting and it was fun to get to work with them.  They really get "it."  

I finally finished and sent in my blog entry.  It is something you can look at.  My blog entry isn't up yet though.  I don't think. Go to reallifeanswers.org

Janica's blog entry for reallifeanswers.org:
When I was four years old my dad passed away in a tragic accident. It was completely unexpected. Losing him was really hard on my family. My mom, only 22, was now widowed with two kids and another on the way. I have two younger brothers who have had to grow up without a dad. Our lives were not going the way we had planned. It felt like the hole my dad left when he passed was never going to be filled.
I am blessed to say that I have grown up in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was always told by those around me that I would see my dad again and that he was safe. As I got older, the loss of my dad really troubled me. I desperately wanted to know for myself that I’d see him again, because words were not enough. The beautiful thing about this church is that we are encouraged to ask questions. We are encouraged to take all of our doubts to God, and to let Him give us our answers. I had not yet done this. I was lacking the opinion of the One who matters most: God's. I also needed to come to know for myself that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. A major part of the plan He has created for us is the promise of eternal families.
  My answer to my two big questions finally came; the hole my dad left was, in many ways, filled. We have Heavenly Father’s authority and power to bring families together for eternity in our temples and my family had this opportunity in the Salt Lake City temple on February 23, 2013 through someone holding the proper power and authority directly from God. When in the temple, my family and I promised to God that we would follow Him and keep His commandments. In return, He promised us that we would be together for eternity. This is a promise we can all have. That day, sitting with my family in the temple, my answer came. My dad is safe. He is happy and I know without a doubt that I will see him again. I know now that our Heavenly Father has a plan for my family and that he has a plan for you and yours.
Now, this doesn’t mean that I don’t miss him and wish he were here. I really do. I don’t think that pain will ever go away. What I have now come to know brings me peace of mind and so much hope. If you have lost a loved one, don’t lose hope. You can find peace and happiness in this life through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I can promise you that God knows you and that He still speaks to His children upon the earth today. I challenge you to ask God and come to know if these things are true for yourself. It took me 16 years too come to my answer, so never give up, He will answer you.


We took 50 pass-a-long cards to our ward mission leader on Saturday for his 50th birthday.  It was a lot of fun, he appreciated it. :) 

We saw the nastiest rat the other night.  It was HUGE and I thought it was a opossum. 

Church was  awesome, we had a new investigator there.  Her story is crazy, but she has been so prepared to hear the gospel.  I think the coolest thing I realized this week is that we should boast in our God.  Read Alma 26, it's one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon.  I also love Alma 27:17-18, it describes my life right now. :)
 
Oh and by the way. Papa and Gma sent me dried fruit. :D Aren't they the bomb? I need to send you a picture of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment