Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I can't believe I'll be home this time next year!

Thank you so much for the package! It made me smile. :) The socks are wonderful, I have them on right now. I also love the tights, they are going to keep me super warm. The mustaches are hilarious! My companion and I took some funny pictures with them. I decorated our stairs with the leaves and the stickers are really cute. :) You are the best. :) thanks for all that you do for me! Papa and Grandma are sending me mo-tab and jerky!! I am so blessed. :) haha






I don't know if you got to see Elder Christofferson's talk or not, but you should watch it! It answers some of the things you asked me about in the letter you sent to me. :) I also thought Neil L. Anderson did too. You should also read the talk in the most recent ensign about being a widow. It was SO good. 

I can't believe that I will be home this time next year.  My week was good. :)  I made baked spaghetti for a member, it was pretty good.  She thought it was funny that I did that. :)  We teach a Bible study at the old folks home.  It is so much fun and we already have a new investigator from it!  His name is Leo and he is a sweet guy.  We went up to Boston last week for our mission leadership conference.  Sister Giblette is an STL now too so we think we will be together for awhile. :)  Which is good. She's awesome. We went up to Warwick, RI to help with some training on Friday.  After the meeting we all went to Fire&Ice for dinner.  It was so tasty!  It's in Providence and that's where I want to take you guys when you come here next fall. :) You would love it! 
 
Conference was incredible!! I had so many questions and they were all answered in profound ways. Heavenly Father definitely knows who we are and what we need.  It's incredible.  I felt like the main message was that we as a people need to start putting God first.  I love conference!  It is so wonderful. :) It was so sweet when President Monson brought up his wife, he misses her a lot.  I love that the church will never change its stance on our moral values.  Never ever. :)  Elder Holland was on Saturday.  He gave a really powerful talk about depression and overcoming it.  He also talked about how glorious the resurrection will be when we see our loved ones in new bodies and free from pain.
 
Yesterday we went to New Hampshire for Sister Giblette's tooth.  Best part of the trip was we found a chick-fil-a! I haven't had that in 7 months. :) haha 
 
 
We also taught early morning seminary yesterday. Those kids are up and at the church my 5:45 every morning.  That, my friend, is dedication. 
 
I have what the Dr thinks is strep.. I am not entirely sure, all I know is that I have never had so many random sicknesses in my life until here on my mission. He put me on antibiotics and I woke up this morning with a rash all over my face. BOO! 

Thankfully, I don't have to renew (her driver license) while I am out here.  It was crazy expensive and kinda silly if you ask me. 
 
We have not heard from our less-active that never came to church.  It's a huge bummer and she is impossible to get a hold of because she is always gone and taking care of her momma. 
 
The pitbull was so scary. I was sitting on the ground and it just came running out of the apartment door barking at me.  I may or may not have peed a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment