Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I am ready to run until the end!

I am do well. :D Easter was fun, we rode around on our bikes and ding dong ditched peoples houses with Easter treats. It was a beautiful day. So much fun! We ate dinner at the Payne's and I used the Easter Egg lesson you sent me. Thank you so much for that by the way! We had fun with the bunny ears and can't wait to send pictures of the rice krispie treats. :) Papa was right, it was very needed for p-day. We have been so busy. It's fantastic! The weather has been perfect for bike riding. We have had so many great things happen to us this past week

1. We got a call from a member saying that they brought a friend to church and she loved it so much that she wants to meet with us! She got the stomach flu the day after.. But we are seeing her tomorrow. :) Her name is Noel and she seems like an awesome person

2. Someone called our 1st ward bishop and told him that he is now ready to be baptized. He took the lessons 5 years ago and feels like now is the time.
3. We got to do the COOLEST church tour in the world. It actually started in the temple lobby. :) His name is Bob and he is a walking miracle. I will have to give you his story over skype. He is going to come and teach our Elders Quorum in a few weeks and our genius member asked if he wanted a church tour beforehand. I love when people follow inspiration. :)

4. A woman came to church, Vivian, and said that she wants to be baptized into the church as well. She has studied with missionaries a lot. She is very into ancestry and there are a few doctrinal differences to work out before she can get baptized.. She is wonderful though. :) I need to tell you her story over skype too.

I went on exchanges and spent the day in Cambridge with Sister Staley. It was fun, but I missed Belmont.. I get anxious when I leave. There is SO much to do! WOO! I don't know how to explain it, but the Lord is truly hastening His work here. All I can think of is how grateful I am that He has called me to be apart of it. New England is a very special place. On exchanges we taught a guy from Chad, Africa. He was so funny! He thinks Mormon girls are gorgeous. Which means we will see how long he takes the lessons once he passed over to the elders. :) hahaha We helped out with activity days. We built flower arrangements. I felt like I was back at G-ville high school. We had stake conference over Easter weekend. It was fantastic! They had powerful speakers and lots of music, which was nice.

The marathon was SO MUCH FUN! One of the best p-days on my mission. We met up at the Cambridge stake building and walked into Boston. We spent most of our time in Boston Commons. I love that place.. Such a good vibe. There were so many people! We were told that there were 9,000 more runners than normal this year because of what happened last year. We got a lot of shout outs from the Mormons that were around. :) One of the guys who just finished the race ran over to the sideline and yelled," Sisters! Sisters! The church is true!" It was awesome. We were at the finish line and it inspired me not to ever run a marathon.. The people were waddling off the road.. I'll stick to my bike. :) We then went to our RS Presidents house for dinner. We finished off the night helping the 1st ward clean up the local elementary school. It was a blast.. We found leftover Easter egg candy.. Jackpot! haha I gave it to one of the girls we were cleaning with, we are best friends now. :)
Today we taught our investigator Amalie, served at the Senior Center, started weekly planning and now we are emailing. :) Later we are going to dinner at a members and then hunting for former investigator with a member of our ward. Success.

Only 4 months to go. Wow. SO weird! It has flown by for me. I am one of the oldest in the mission. :) My bones are creaking! We have a fireside on Sunday for all the missionaries going home before October. President has titled it,"Time to Sprint." I am ready to run until the end. :D I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment