Monday, August 18, 2014

I would like time to slow down a little bit...

My week was grand! :) We stayed really busy. Nashua is doing well. It was a rough week for the ward because one of our members passed away unexpectedly, Brother Henckle. It was incredible to see the ward come together to love and take care of Sister Henckle. She has received so much support. We had a celebration of life part for him on Friday. She is a strong lady and was in church on Sunday. She hasn't missed a beat. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. It has brought peace to many hearts this week. The weather is perfect! It has been cooling down a bit, so it is so nice. Today we are going out to lunch with one of our members and her fiance, Lorrie and Danny. Who is an investigator. It will be fun :) I love them both so much. My companion is awesome. She is catching on fast and adjusted to the missionary life quick. Life is good. :) I can't believe it's the start of the third week of the transfer. I would like time to slow down a little bit..

Monday: We had a lesson with a recent convert, Crystina, who has been struggling balancing science and religion. It was wicked cool to talk about. She has so many people telling her that she isn't Christian and that science can't coincide with religion. We helped build up her defences. It was fun :) She is a really smart person

Tuesday: My GPS died on us today. Which is alright, it helped me realize that I know Nashua better than I thought I did. We taught Danny about the Plan of Salvation. He asks so many good questions. I can't wait to tell you the full story of that household. It is a miracle in the works. We also met a new less-active, Sister Chamberlin.. She can't come to church because she is basically deaf, but she would come if she could.

Wednesday: The Silvestros, member family in our ward, had their roof redone. Their house was built in the 1700's. When they put the new roof on, all of this debris fell over everything in their attic. So we got to go and help clean-up. :) It was fun. They have the most adorable 4 year old boy. He danced around the attic on a broom. We also saw our investigator Kevin! Finally. It's been weeks.. It was such a good meeting. He recommited to take the lessons.. :)

Thursday: President came to Nashua for interviews! I love that man. We talked a lot about a lot of things, but I felt a lot of peace leaving the interview. It was nice. I have been praying to feel at peace with the work I have done here in New England and I feel like it is coming. Slowly, but it is coming.

Friday: We met with a new potential, Laura. She has grown up floating all over different churches.. She has had some very powerful experiences with the Spirit and I admire her a lot for them. The only setback is that she believes that once you've accepted Christ, you can do whatever you want. I have heard that so much the past little bit. "Faith without works is dead."

Saturday: We volunteered at Habitat. I love the people that work there. We also got to be apart of the youth conference. We didn't do much, but it was fun to be around some of the youth. :) I saw a bunch of my mini missionaries and some of the youth from Belmont.

Sunday: Such a good Sunday! We had a less-active come to church for the first time in years and our investigator, Marie, came to church for the first time. WOO! We also had lots of other people show up. It was a homecoming for a return missionary. :) We also taught Relief Society. It went pretty well. The lesson was on the temple. :D I love the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment