Monday, June 23, 2014

It's what I would call a "pizza week"

   
   
BLESSINGS! :D Have I ever told you how much I love this gospel!? Well, I do. :) It's the best. 
My week was really good. It's what I would call a "pizza week." There has been this pattern on my mission where we won't have pizza for months, then I'll start to crave it, and then we get it for dinner for at least 5 days in a row. hahaha It's awesome.. :) I think this is the 4th time it's happened on my mission. The important things.. :) 
The work is continuing to hasten. Quickly. :) We are always so busy. Good problem to have, eh? So here is the week. :) Oh wait. I actually forgot my planner because today is a new transfer. I am going to try really hard to remember what went on, it all blurs together. :) hahaha
Monday: Ate dinner at the Blanchette's. Start of the pizza week. :) I also got to eat some cheetos. So life is good. :) hahaha
Tuesday: We met some new investigators, Florence and Paul. Paul is an old pastor and is less inclined to listen, but he tells great stories. Florence is a sweetheart trying to decide which church she wants to be part of. They are engaged and so funny. 

Wednesday: Our mini missionary came. She is one of the youth from Norwich. :D Imagine my excitement. Her name is Brooklyn Brown and her family are one of the families I didn't get to say goodbye to before I left Norwich. There was much rejoicing. :)
Thursday: We met our new Elder! Elder Shepherd headed to Boston and we got Elder Batts! He was my district leader while I was in Norwich and now he is my zone leader. He is awesome! Serving with him will be fun. We also had and AWESOME weekly planning session.
Friday: We got to visit Janice. :) We happened to show up in the middle of a "crisis." She was having troubles finding rides to the doctors. She was crying on the phone when we knocked on the door. She said a prayer with us and it was answered in two different ways not even 10 minutes later! Heavenly Father loves us! :D She got a call and now has rides set up and back up in case those don't end up working out. We made a list of all the things she loves about herself and what we love about her. Very much a sister missionary thing to do. :)

Saturday: We had our musical fireside, "The Song of the Heart." Brooklyn and I went personal contacting, inviting people to the performance while Sister Hyoung practiced. She had a companion, don't worry. :) Nobody that we invited came, but we had fun doing it. Good experience for Brooklyn. I also got to help set up the Portable Visitor Center. :) Sister Bell and Sister Hurst are the ones who run it now, so I got to spend time with them. I love those sisters! We had 17 non-members come! :D That is HUGE! Now, as Elder Ballard said, we must follow up! :D

Sunday: We spent some time with Lori and Ana (mom, grandma, and sister of Ruben and Kael). They are SO funny. We always leave with things to quote from what they say. I love them. We are creating a very precious relationship with them. I am so proud of the steps they are making.
Today is Sister Hyoung's birthday! :D She is 20!

I am going to be a wreck the last week of my mission. I only have two transfers left starting today! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

We watched the Testaments for pday :)  Well, watched/slept through the Testaments


Sister Favey made this cake for Sister Hyoung

Brooklyn (our mini-missionary) bought herself a smore kit :)  Funny girl!

Sister Hyoung, Sister Brown and Me :)


Cutest cupcake ever!
Dinner at Sister Favey's



You did it again Elder Holland!

That would be our district leader and his companion :)  The one with dark hair is our dl

No comments:

Post a Comment