Monday, April 1, 2013

Baptism Success!

The baptism was wonderful. :)  I felt the Spirit so strongly and seeing the way this gospel changed that family's life is a confirmation of why I am here. :)  It was incredible.  She was glowing and it was a night and day difference.  Her husband was baptized about 2 years ago, he is such a funny person.  He makes so many funny comments, and one of those guys who has a really tough exterior.  When his wife said yes to baptism he got up and went into the kitchen because he was crying.  He was so happy and kept saying he couldn't believe this was happening.  He was bawling at the baptism and kept saying how excited he was to be sealed to his wife in a year. :)  I willl definitely be at that sealing. :)  He made a joke about how Utahn's always bring green jello to every special occasion, so I made him green jello. :)  haha It was so funny.  They brought their dog Frankie. :)  It was hilarious. 





All of our investigators were in Florida for their kids Spring break and Easter.  We didn't see many of them.  Cool thing that happened for Easter though.  We went over to our ward mission leaders home for Easter dinner.  (they served lamb and ham, lamb is one thing I can not make myself try.)  They had wheat rolls and they told us about how it is really hard to find genuine wheat that is still healthy and not full of hormones.  They said that someone went over to Egypt so they could bring back real life wheat from the olden days and grow it naturally here in Boston.  So I had wheat all the way from Egypt. :)  I'm so cool. ;)  Isn't that wonderful? I am basically a Pharoah now and Joseph is my best friend.. ;)

I also have a scripture case that is made out of kangaroo! :D  It is a red kangaroo.  What I know, greatest thing ever! 

I tried avocado, nasty stuff.  The avocado was awful, I knew this and that's why I avoided trying it. :)

You should read, and tell everyone you know to read, the Power of Everyday Missionaries by Clayton Christensen (smartest man in the world.)  It is fantastic.  The Clayton Christensen thing is a book. :) He is in the Mission Presidency, so they give all the missionaries one when we get here.. The Atonement really hit me this Easter too, stronger than ever before.

I have never prayed so much in my life. I have found that if you truly pray for those who don't want to listen their hearts may soften, even though it may take awhile. My companion and I have a goal to never give up on anyone. :) I came to the realization the other day, and this is something I don't want to happen. I imagined myself in my judgement with God and He looks at me and says," Do you remember this child? I put them in your path and you did not speak to them. You had the chance to bring them blessings and unimaginable happiness. You chose not to." That would be so hard to hear! So I have made it a goal to talk to everyone, even the ones I don't feel prompted to. 

The Reeses was an Easter treat to ourselves. :) 1/4 pound.. haha


One final thought:

This sign is hanging up in my apartment lobby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment