Monday, March 31, 2014

Our journeys are so personal and yet God's plan is universal.

The last few days have been wonderful. We met our new Zone Leaders on Friday and they are a lot of fun! We had an appointment with them and someone in their ward Friday night.

We went and talked to two young kids about serving missions. The parents wanted to have a question and answer. It was so fun! I loved getting them excited about the idea of serving missions. It is literally the best decision I have made up to this point in my life. :) I have no fear letting everyone know that.

We moved back into our apartment! It is so nice to be back home in our area. I am loving it. Our bathroom is so nice too, we are spoiled. It's bright white everywhere.

I do miss being around Sister Giblette though. I love that Sister missionary. You guys will love her. :) We attempted to garden on Saturday, but it just got too cold. We instead spent the afternoon with a potential investigator named Maya. She made us herbal tea and we talked about what we believe in comparison to what she believes. She isn't super interested right now, so we are just going to be like Ammon and serve her. :) Plus we get to garden, doesn't get much better than that.

We ate dinner at the Boaz's. I grew in so much love for the Boaz family that night. I love them and I hope we will always stay in touch. They are such good people.

The broadcast was AMAZING! Changed my life.. I will send all my notes on it, plus some other study stuff. :) It was a tear jerker. They did such a good job and the Spirit confirmed over and over again how true this church really is. It's true! I love it more and more each day. :D

My notes from the Women's Broadcast, very scattered:
Wixom:

Defend and sustain the kingdom of God, it's a path to eternal life. Our journeys are so personal and yet God's plan is universal. I love that. All of our blessings are available through the Atonement. I loved how she talked about going to the temple will help us realize our divinity and grow in our knowledge that we are children of the Most High. Question to ask myself.. How much does the temple mean to me? It brings me incomprehensible joy. :) Love all men, can't cut corners.
Oscarson:
Tremendous strength in unity when we come together. We have one thing in common, no matter our circumstances, we are daughters of God. Shouldn't that be enough? This hit home. When we compare we will ALWAYS feel inadequate. ALWAYS. Christ does require us to be so hard on ourselves, I think we are so hard on ourselves. That's something I need to work on. I thought it was so interesting that she mentioned the Sister Missionaries "giving up" 18 months of our lives. I had a hard time with that one in the sense that what would be better than this? I think this is the best decision I could have made for my past, present, and future. It's hard to put the way I feel into words. I am going to focus on praying to not only love more, but to love better. So good. :)
Burton:
What is my identity and purpose? What do we need to know and do in order to return to our Heavenly Father? What do disciples do? God wants us to become complete. Our help to become complete comes through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I loved how she quoted that all easy things have been done, we must expect rocky shores ahead. I am a disciple of Christ and that is a gift. :) A divine gift. I want to stand as a witness, share the gospel by the way I love and live.
Eyring:
The words are not meant to be left at a superficial level. Let them go down into our hearts. Encourage and testify. We must strive for God's approval in all things. How prepared are we for our covenants? We must do our part.We are nurturing others for Him. :) I love that. The Plan that God has created is marked with covenants. We are SO blessed to have been taught the gospel, to have been shown the way back home. Comfort and help with a smile. :) Who am I now and who can I become? The closer we move to our potential, the happier God becomes. He cares. Each person we come in contact with is loved by the same Eternal Being, treat them that way. I loved the idea of praying to strengthen my capacity.. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment